By John Janovy,Gerald W. Esch
Reviews key parts in ecological, clinical and molecular parasitology
- Features essays from the various world's leading parasitologists
- Each subject is determined in context through that includes a key paper from the magazine of Paraistology during the last a hundred years
Read Online or Download A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014 PDF
Similar zoology books
The Roman sophist Claudius Aelianus, born in Praeneste within the overdue moment century CE, spent his profession cultivating a Greek literary character. Aelian used to be a very popular author in the course of his personal lifetime, and his literary compilations will be influential for 1000 years and extra within the Roman international.
The Courtiers' Anatomists is set useless our bodies and dwell animals in Louis XIV's Paris--and the spectacular hyperlinks among them. reading the perform of seventeenth-century anatomy, Anita Guerrini finds how anatomy and ordinary heritage have been attached via animal dissection and vivisection. pushed by means of an insatiable interest, Parisian scientists, with the aid of the king, dissected hundreds of thousands of animals from the royal menageries and the streets of Paris.
MRI/DTI Atlas of the Rat mind deals significant improvements compared to previous makes an attempt to make MRI/DTI rat mind atlases. First, the spatial solution at 25µm is significantly larger than past info released. Secondly, the excellent set of MRI/DTI contrasts supplied has enabled the authors to spot greater than eighty% of buildings pointed out within the Rat mind in Stereotaxic Coordinates.
One of many world’s most famous animal communicators, Amelia Kinkade has introduced millions into nearer touch with their loved canines, cats, birds, and horses. Now she stocks the wonders of her fresh paintings speaking with wild, and now and again endangered, animals. Amelia takes readers on a rollicking trip as she visits with tigers, elephants, lions, nice white sharks, black mamba snakes, whales, and bees.
- How Culture Makes Us Human: Primate Social Evolution and the Formation of Human Societies (Key Questions in Anthropology)
- Savages and Beasts: The Birth of the Modern Zoo (Animals, History, Culture)
- The Cannabinoid Receptors (The Receptors)
- Animal Electroencephalography
- Horse Sense: The Guide to Horse Care in Australia and New Zealand (Landlinks Press)
Additional resources for A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014