By Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of good fortune with this attempted and proven sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and review necessities of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- offers exam-style questions and suggestions for every appropriate specification to aid scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is appropriate for quite a few classes including:
- AQA: Revolution and Dictatorship: Russia and the Soviet Union, 1917-1953
Read Online or Download Access to History: Bolshevik and Stalinist Russia 1917-64 for AQA Fifth Edition PDF
Best children's history nonfiction books
As a schoolboy, Felipe Calderon informed his instructor that he desired to be the president of Mexico at some point. In 2006, he completed that objective, however it was once in the middle of one of many nation's such a lot turbulent political scandals. Calderon used to be born right into a political kin. His father was once one of many founders of the nationwide motion social gathering, or PAN.
In December 1903, Orville and Wilbur Wright made historical past by means of embarking at the first managed aircraft flight one of the dunes of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, hence beginning up an period of aviation during the global. Readers' ancient viewpoint will achieve new heights due to beneficial properties comparable to the pictures and timelines that increase "The Wright Brothers", a hovering new name within the "Milestones in American historical past" sequence.
Bestselling writer and journalist Kitty Kelley combines her stylish storytelling with Stanley Tretick’s iconic pictures to move readers to the 1963 March on Washington, bringing that ancient day vividly to existence for a brand new new release. Martin Luther King Jr. used to be frightened. status on the foot of the Lincoln Memorial, he used to be approximately to handle 250,000 individuals with what could develop into often called his “I Have a Dream Speech”—the most renowned speech of his lifestyles.
In 1607, settlers from England demonstrated the Jamestown colony in North the United States. unexpected with the land, they struggled to discover meals, and lots of fell sufferer to disorder. As pressure grew among the settlers and Powhatan American Indians who had lived at the land for generations, violence broke out. might the Jamestown colony lead to failure?
- The Story of the Statue of Liberty: A History Perspectives Book (Perspectives Library)
- Invasion: The Story of D-Day (Young Voyageur)
- Courageous Women of the Civil War: Soldiers, Spies, Medics, and More (Women of Action)
- Happy Times in Norway
- America in the 1980s (Decades of American History)
Extra info for Access to History: Bolshevik and Stalinist Russia 1917-64 for AQA Fifth Edition