By Ryan Conrad
When rights” move wrong.
- Does homosexual marriage help the right-wing aim of linking entry to easy human rights like wellbeing and fitness care and fiscal defense to an inherently conservative tradition?
- Will the facility of queers to struggle in wars of imperialism support unencumber and empower LGBT humans round the world?
- Does hate-crime laws confirm and enhance traditionally anti-queer associations just like the police and prisons instead of dismantling them?
The opposed to Equality collective asks a few tough questions. those queer thinkers, writers, and artists are dedicated to undermining a stunted perception of equality.” during this strong e-book, they problem mainstream homosexual and lesbian struggles for inclusion in elitist and inhumane associations. greater than a critique, Against Equality seeks to reinvigorate the queer political mind's eye with really good possibility!
"In an period while lots of the lesbian and homosexual move turns out to echo the rhetoric of the mainstream institution, the paintings of opposed to Equality is a crucial provocation and corrective.... i'm hoping this publication is learn commonly, really through the folks who will so much disagree with it; within the culture of the nice political pamphleteers, this assortment should still spark debate round many of the key matters for our movement." Dennis Altman, writer of Homosexual: Oppression & Liberation
"Against Equality concerns an intensive demand social transformation. opposed to and past the "holy trinity" of pragmatic homosexual politicsmarriage, militarism, and prisonthe queer and trans voices archived during this assortment provide an intensive left critique of neoliberalism, capitalism, and kingdom oppression. In a structure obtainable and enlivening, both at domestic within the school room and in the street, this booklet retains our political imaginations alive. organize to be challenged, informed, and inspired." Margot Weiss, writer of Techniques of Pleasure
Read Online or Download Against Equality: Queer Revolution, Not Mere Inclusion PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Out and operating is the 1st systematic research of lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) political illustration that explores the dynamics of nation legislative campaigns and the impact of lesbian and homosexual legislators within the nation policymaking strategy. via analyzing kingdom legislative elections from 1992 to 2006 and nation policymaking from 1992 to 2009, Donald Haider-Markel means that the LGBT group can conquer hurdles and win elections; and, as soon as in place of work, those officers can play a severe position within the coverage illustration of the group.
Conservative thinkers of the early heart a long time conceived of sensual gratification as a demonic snare contrived to debase the better colleges of humanity, they usually pointed out pagan writing as one of many basic conduits of decadence. points of the pagan legacy have been taken care of with specific mistrust: fiction, conceived as a devious contrivance that falsified God’s order; and rhetorical opulence, considered as a useless extravagance.
How do Asian cultures build queer genders, sexualities, and eroticism? homosexual and Lesbian Asia demonstrates the incredible variety of homosexual, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered identities in international locations together with Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, China, India, Indonesia, Singapore, and the Philippines. even if many Asian cultures borrow the language of the West while discussing queerness, the attitudes, relationships, and roles defined are particularly diverse.
Jared Hunter used to be superb with focusing his power on paintings. He'd been capable of paintings his approach up the chain on the accounting enterprise, gaining the belief of the president of the corporate. He used to be completely chuffed with a existence that pressured the rumor mill to make up tales. His course crosses with Stephen, an enticing guy who's additionally courting one of many girls in his division.
- The Reification of Desire: Toward a Queer Marxism
- Bisexuality and Transgenderism: InterSEXions of the Others
- You're Not from Around Here, Are You?: A Lesbian in Small-Town America (Living Out: Gay and Lesbian Autobiog)
- The End of Being Known: A Memoir (Living Out: Gay and Lesbian Autobiog)
- Desde el tercer armario. El proceso de reconstrucción personal de los hombres gais separados de un matrimonio heterosexual (G (egales)) (Spanish Edition)
- Gay Ethics: Controversies in Outing, Civil Rights, and Sexual Science
Additional info for Against Equality: Queer Revolution, Not Mere Inclusion